Before introducing the top 10 lifestyle bloggers and Japanese influencers, let’s briefly explain the current Japanese blogger environment. In Japan, there are a lot of Japanese blogging services such as Ameba Blog, FC2 Blog, livedoor blog and LINE Blog.
There are not only young bloggers but also bloggers that have a family and kids. They have a different audience than the younger bloggers and are a role model for younger mums – influenced and inspired by them.
Ameba Blog is heavily used by Japanese celebrities and is one of the most popular blogging platforms in Japan. However, many are shifting from Ameba to Instagram and LINE blog. LINE Blog was originally developed in 2014 to be used only by celebrities, and two years later, the service started to open up to individual bloggers.
- Yukina Kinoshita is a mother of two, a model and appears on TV. She blogs about fashion, food and her lovely family on her LINE Blog. The family stories make us feel closer, like we’re seeing part of friend’s life. She has 4.1m instagram followers and 29k subscribers on her blog.
- Rinka is a model living Hawaii, a brand producer and owner of Maison de Reefur, which offers lifestyle products. Her blog called ‘Rinka Happy Life’ has been run for about nine years and in 2015 she moved to LINE Blog but still names it ‘Rinka Happy Life’. Her blogs are about life in Hawaii, showing herself and her son in nature. She doesn’t add many words, sometimes even only creative pictures/videos. She has 1.3m followers on Instagram and a popular LINE Blog.
- Saeko a model and mother of two, has just started living in the UK. She uploads blogs on Ameba, the content of which is pretty much the same as the images used on her Instagram, showing her new UK life and fashion. She has 1.2m followers on Instagram and 300k subscribers on Ameba Blog.
- Tina Tamashiro is a model for ViVi, which targets girls in their twenties. Her blogs on Ameba are like poetry and we can see her thoughts and character. She has 896k followers on Instagram and 25k subscribers on Ameba Blog.
- Risa Hirako is a model and you’ll be surprised by her youthful looks when you know her age. She’s 46 years old! She blogs on Instagram, Ameba and LINE Blog, even though the content is the exactly same. On Ameba her blog is named ‘CANDY TALK’, on the other hand, there is no particular blog name on LINE. Her blogs are about fashion, lifestyle and beauty. She has 194k followers on Instagram and a popular LINE Blog.
- Yunkoro is a model for Ane Ageha and fitness outfit’s IRAL brand producer. She has been blogging for 9 years, writing about beauty, girls parties (‘Joshi Kai’ in Japanese) and fitness. She has 228k followers on Instagram and 122k subscribers on Crooz blog.
私のフィットネスウェアブランド❤️IRAL❤️《@iral_official 》 ・ 大人気のシースルーレースアップレギンス💕 お陰様でSサイズが完売しておりましたが、再入荷が決定いたしましたーー❗️❗️✌️💓 ・ ただいま生産中のため12月にご発送となりますがサイトでは💛予約受付中💛です☺️❗️ ・ IRAL公式アカウントのトップからオンラインストアをご覧いただけます💓💓→→《@iral_official 》 ・ ・ お写真は、韓国の大会なども撮ってくださっていた《@asiagrapher_mkay 》さんにトリプルファイブプログラムで撮ってもらいました🙏🏻😋♡ ・ #iral #アイラル #フィットネスウェア #レギンス #再入荷 #吸水速乾 #UVカット #透けにくい #特殊セラミック加工 #カズレーザーさんに早いミニ四駆って言われたレギンス #セクシー注意 #履いてますよ #予約 #受付中
- Naoko Ookusa is a stylist and chief editor of web magazine mi-mollet. She blogs every day on the web magazine. Pictures she uses for her blogs are the same pictures as used on her Instagram, but if you’re visiting mi-mollet, you can see the story behind the pictures. She writes about fashion, beauty, travel and lifestyle. She has 115k followers on Instagram and so the readers of her blog would be the similar number to the Instagram’s.
- Kumiko Oohinata is a personal stylist but wasn’t a well-known stylist before starting Instagram. This tool changed her life completely, she said in an interview. She has 74.6k followers on Instagram and blogs about beauty, lifestyle and fashion through Ameba Blog.
- Kazuki has no profile anywhere! But, we can guess she’s a model. She writes a blog on Tabi Muse, with some beautiful pictures. She has 55.5k followers on Instagram.
- Hiyorigoto is a Rakuten official blogger and the only one who doesn’t have an Instagram account. However, she established her popularity and the evidence is that Hiyorigoto has published three books about a nordic style of interior decorating and furnitures etc. Her blogs focus on items such as bedding, tableware, stationeries, sometimes lifestyle.
Many Instagramers have their own blog, but every single person uses a different blog service or two services. It was interesting to see some of them don’t create written content, only pictures/videos. It made us to think again about what “blogging” is.
Who’s your favourite blogger? Please share your thoughts with us!